My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

While I Was Sleeping

Chemo #2 made me tired almost right away. I came home from lunch with Bryan and Katie and headed for the recliner.
When I awoke several hours later, Bryan told me that Sarah (who was on her way to a church camping trip with friends) had stopped in Shelbyville, where her battery died. While she was talking to Bryan, she felt like she was going to pass out, so she hung up and went into the Flying J, finding her boyfriend just in time to ...pass out. As her car was not running, she went by ambulance to the Jewish Emergency Center in Shelbyville, where she was treated and released for an ongoing UTI. She is still not well. She will see a urologist tomorrow to determine why she can't shake this infection. Please pray that she will heal quickly, as she starts a new job on Monday.
Saturday I gave up my game ticket and slept throughout the day. When Bryan, Katie, and my mother-in-law returned home, they reported that Bryan's car had been broken into at the game, and Katie's purse was stolen, with all of a 17-year-old's treasures: new cellphone from her birthday, gift cards, cash from teaching piano, i-pod, wallet, senior ring, car keys, Bible (with copious Revelation notes), her notes from the Perspectives class she is taking at church, and her new purse.
I continued sleeping through Sunday, Monday, and part of Tuesday. When it started raining Tuesday, I asked Katie to let the dogs in, and we realized our little Yorkie, Dicken, was missing. We found him yesterday in a neighbor's yard - he had been mauled by another neighbor's large dog. The girls are coming out tonight, and we plan to bury him on my parent's property.
Things to be thankful for - this chemo was more tiring, but no bone pain from the shot. Katie's things are just things, and between the insurance company and my sisters and parents, we are working to replace her things. My mom and sister, Becky, both medical people, are helping Sarah with her doctor's appointments - being there with her for moral support. And I know so many are praying - thanks for your messages on the phone and e-mail while I was unable to respond.
I have need for prayer for pain and for fluid that still collects in my abdomen as a result of my surgery. I think it can possibly continue for months, and it is difficult to function sometimes because the fluid buildup becomes so painful as the day wears on. I also have trouble with depression on the chemo days when I can't move. I feel very useless and ugly - not the standard set for women in our society.
Thanks again for continued prayers.

No comments: