My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Could Use Some Prayer

I'm just feeling very weary/teary tonight.
I am trying to keep up with Katie's senior year. She is working very hard. We picked up her senior pictures today and they are gorgeous! She is so good about doing her work diligently without complaining, but I like to keep up by reading what she is reading, etc. and I sometimes find it hard to do because of fatigue and pain. I'm so glad that she is with me this year - I think we will have a "lifetime bond" over our experiences together this year that will strengthen our mother/daughter relationship.
I want to do the basics, like some laundry and meal prep, which just means putting in the frozen meals we have been given. Even these small things tire me.
I am having a port put in next week, Wednesday, September 19,at Baptist Hospital East and I am just not wanting to return to the O.R. there, even for something small.
Everyone has been so kind to pray and help in practical ways, but the road ahead just looks very long to me right now. I appreciate every call, e-mail, card, etc. more than you can know. Sometimes it is what gets me through the day.
I would especially covet your prayers for peace for next Wednesday, and for Friday when I get my second chemotherapy treatment. I would also like for you to pray that the pain from my surgery would start to subside. I am still having to take quite a bit of pain medication, and I would like to be able to cut back on that.
Again, thanks so much for your prayers and expressions of love.
Jan

1 comment:

Sarah Sheets said...

I am so sorry you are tired, teary, & weary. I wish every day you could be strong & aggressive.But it's probably not realistic, right?So...that's why we're all here...for those days when the valleys need to be raised up, the mountains brought low.We will make level paths for your feet.
Proverbs 4:26 Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.