My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, September 17, 2007

Assignment: Fun

I was told by my oncologist, Dr. Janelle Seeger, that she expected me to do something fun between each treatment, and that she would be asking me what I had done.
Katie turned seventeen on Friday. Sarah arranged for us to eat dinner at an Italian restaurant in the Highlands called Le Gallo Rosso. I don't speak Italian, but I am told that this means "the red chicken". We were joined by Paul Disney, Sarah's boyfriend, and Whitney Ott, Katie's best friend.
Paul's mother, Nancy Disney, was kind enough to bake Katie's birthday cake, which we enjoyed after dinner at home, and we were welcomed home to a yard full of balloons "planted" by Anne Jones and family.
On Sunday, the birthday celebration continued at my parents' home. They live on twelve acres with a two-acre lake outside of JTown, and we have parties in their back field in the fall and spring. We celebrated Katie's birthday again, in addition to my daughter Emily's (20), my niece Whitney's (21) and my Mom's (not telling). In addition to Bryan and I, my parents, my three sisters, two of their husbands (one was straggling home from the UK/UL game), a son-in-law (Becky's), a prospective son-in-law (also Becky's), and twelve grandchildren were in attendance. My brother-in-law, Wendell, grilled out, and we had a bonfire, too. The kids played in the field and on the tractor and rode around in cousin Zack's new Jeep. It was a beautiful, relaxing day!
Sarah joined Katie and me in watching a movie afterwards at home.
There is nothing like being with family!

1 comment:

terese said...

Jan, I'm so glad you posted to HFHG today, you've been on my mind this week. Love the pictures! And praise God for a terrific family. :)

I'm praying for you to have strength for whatever tomorrow brings and that God will bring a complete healing in your body. As always, you are such an inspiration. God bless you!

All for His glory,
Terese Cooper