My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

No Hair Day



Today when I arrived at Changes Hair Salon to have my head shaved, I was joined by my Mom, sisters Jennifer, MaryAnn, Becky, and my daughter Sarah (left to right around me in the second picture on the right, sporting my new wig!) My mom and sisters wore their "do rags" in support of my new look. (I'm so glad they didn't shave their heads!).

Terri Metzler is my stylist, and she did a great job of giving me a buzz haircut and helping me to fit my wig. Mom, Sarah and sisters kept the shop conversation lively so there were no tears. The girls have dubbed me "G.I. Jan" after the "G.I. Jane" look that Demi Moore popularized a few years ago. After we finished at the salon, Mom treated us all to brunch at Cracker Barrel (top photo). All in all, it wasn't too bad - a great family can make even tough times fun!

1 comment:

Sarah Sheets said...

"It should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful."(I Peter 3)Your beauty transcends hair...
Sarah