My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, September 8, 2008

Update on Dad

Dad is improving everyday. I am not allowed to go see him, however, because he has C-Dif, the same type of colitis that landed me in the hospital back in July. He is still being fed through a tube in his stomach, which will continue until his epiglottis starts working again. It stopped as a result of multiple intubations and the respirator, but therapists are working with him to regain that reflex. Otherwise what goes down goes into his lungs. No Frosty yet! He has been moved to a regular floor, and by the end of this week or early next week he is supposed to move to Oaklawn. He may be there for about three weeks or so. Thanks so much for prayers for him.
I am about the same, trying to wean off pain meds, but still having pain. Please pray that I will be able to do this, so that I can start driving again. I lost my chauffeur when Katie moved away!
Jan

No comments: