My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, September 1, 2008

My Dad

My dad has been in the ICU on a respirator since his surgery. He has a multitude of other tubes - I can't tell you how many. He is heavily sedated and does not wake or speak to us. He has had complications with his kidneys and his lungs - both seem to be resolved. My mom is staying in a small private room there for families of ICU patients. My sisters have taken turns sitting with her. I only go briefly because of the risk of another infection. The doctors are telling us this will be a long haul. Please pray for total healing for my dad, and for quality of life. It would be great if there could be some improvement before Sarah's wedding on the 13th, but we have to be patient.
On another note, Katie is doing well at Anderson. She is making friends and looking forward to class on Tuesday.
Sarah and Paul closed on their home Friday, and moved some things in on Saturday.
I am gaining some strength, but still dealing with quite a bit of pain.
Thanks for prayers for our family!
Jan

No comments: