My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Rip Van Winkle is awake! (previously posted as Rumplestiltskin - I do need rest!)

Yesterday, Wednesday, September 3, my dad was taken off the respirator and he opened his eyes and spoke. When I visited last night, he was full of himself! His speech is unclear due to all the tubes that have been in his throat - some remain - and he is weak, so he speaks quietly, but he was joking with us and being Dad! He first said he wanted to go home, then he said he wanted a Frosty (his favorite treat) and an Etch a Sketch (so that he could write to us as he has difficulty speaking).
Mom called today and said they actually stood him up by his bed for a few minutes! I would not have thought that to be possible a few days ago.
His condition is still very serious, but he has made great improvements.
Thanks for continued prayers!
Jan

No comments: