My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Friday, September 5, 2008

Dad Needs Prayer for a Clear Path!

My dad failed the same test yesterday and today. They put ice chips down his throat and x-rayed what happened. If the ice chips had gone through his digestive system without a hitch, he would be able to get his Frosty! This was not the case. The ice went into his lungs instead, and he did not even feel it. The nurses had to suction out his lungs. They are not sure how long it will be before he can start eating. They are feeding him through a tube into his stomach, and he is very frustrated by this. Please pray that he will pass the test soon. I don't understand it, but it seems to be a case of healing rather than a surgical correction.
I am taking it easy this week. I am so emotionally drained with my dad, the upcoming wedding, Katie's move to Anderson, my fatigue and pain, that I think it has physically drained me as well. It's OK for me to rest a lot, as I am home alone during the day and nothing much is required of me, but I am hoping to feel more energetic. I am going to the hospital almost every evening, and I am doing the things that are required of me, such as a dance lesson to prep for the wedding, going to the ballgame on Saturday, etc., so I am not a total slug! I am asking God to show me what is the proper balance for me between rest and activity.
Again, thanks for your prayers for our family.

No comments: