My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm Back!

I haven't written for awhile.
I am gaining strength daily, but STILL dealing with a lot of pain. I am trying to wean off the heavy meds, but I have my ups and downs.
The wedding was beautiful and the newlyweds returned from their honeymoon safely.
Katie is enjoying Anderson, and Emily is busy with her senior year at UL.
Our main concern right now is my dad - he is still in rehab at BHE, and it is uncertain when he will be able to come home. He will undergo a "scraping" of his lungs this week and have a bedsore attended to surgically while he is sedated - "twilight sleep", not the heavy stuff. Mom called me today on the way to the hospital - Dad accidentally pulled out his feeding tube, and they were going to have to put it back in. He will come home with a feeding tube and on oxygen, with a home health care nurse to come daily. He can only eat some pureed food, and he cannot drink anything - it could go into his lungs - so he puts ice cubes in his mouth and has to spit them back out. Please pray that he will be able to eat again, and that eventually he can get rid of the feeding tube and the oxygen.
Please pray also for my mom. Both of their lives have changed so much. I am praying that they will resume a quality of life together.
I have been having moments of finding myself overwhelmed with too many changes - empty nest, my dad, my mother-in-law (Alzheimers), and my frustations with pain and fatigue - but I am trying to take it a day at a time. Thanks for continued prayers.

No comments: