My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Weekend

Bryan was away all weekend running, but I had lots of time visiting with my girls, which was fun.
All three girls were at the house Saturday, and we went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. My taste buds are pretty much "the pits" right now, but it was fun to have all the girls together. I came home and "napped up" for church on Saturday. I came home and "napped up" some more, and then I actually went out to an evening movie - a first since chemo - with Katie, Emily, and Hunter. We saw "Dan in Real Life", which was pretty good. It was lots of fun to be out with everyone in the evening - I've not done much of that for awhile!
On Sunday, Sarah and Katie and I hung out and ate and watched movies - it's always a treat to be with the girls.
Today I went for my CBC, and once again my hemoglobin had dropped below an adequate level, so I finally got my shot of Aranesp (newer than Procrit). I will get a shot every three weeks until my chemos are over. My white count and platelets are fine.
This last chemo has not been as exhausting as the first two, but my taste buds are taking a long time to return to some sense of "normal". It is hard to find things to eat and drink that taste good. I have bought several food items and then given them away because they pretty much taste like dirt - and I'm talking Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, of all things! In January, I'll be at the store everytime the "hot" sign is on!
I am still having trouble with lots of swelling from my surgery, and it is very painful! I would appreciate prayer for that to go away. I see my plastic surgeon on Wednesday, so hopefully he will have some ideas about how I can manage it.
As always, your cards, e-mails, and prayers keep me going.
Jan

No comments: