My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fun #1 Before Chemo #4


I rested and prayed all morning that God would allow me to participate in a fall family tradition - and He did!
My sisters, their husbands, most of the cousins, and Glenn and Tyleen Stoutt (Jennifer's in-laws) met at the Shelbyville McDonalds for a quick lunch. Then we headed out to Gallrein Farms outside of Shelbyville to ride behind the tractor out to the field to pick the perfect pumpkin. The little ones rode ponies, everyone enjoyed the petting zoo, and most of the group went through the corn maze.
The photo to the left shows Katie, Emily, and Sarah with me after they had each selected their pumpkin.


The bottom photo is of the girls at the petting zoo with a llama. A day like this does wonders for me, even though it wears me out. It really keeps my spirits up and helps me to prepare for the next chemo.

Unfortunately, my parents had to miss because my grandfather, Robert Speas, has been hospitalized in North Carolina. He is a diabetic on dialysis and now he has contracted pneumonia. We would appreciate your prayers for him.

No comments: