My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, October 8, 2007

Fun Before Chemo #3

Bryan turned 50 on Thursday, October 4th, and we celebrated with a field party at my parents' home on Sunday afternoon, October 7th. As you can see from the photo below, the kids always have a great time playing in the field. In addition to my sisters and their families, we invited Bryan's mom, his four brothers and their families. We also celebrated birthdays for Nicky Veal, son of Eric and Denise, and Maggie Veal, daughter of Alan and Teri. In the photo on the right are some of Bryan's family: David and Nancy Veal, Alan and Teri Veal, and the birthday boy himself.





The photo above is of my parents, Bob and JoAnn Speas, and the photo to the left is of Emily, her boyfriend Hunter Cantwell, Sarah, her boyfriend Paul Disney IV, and Katie. Although it was a little warm, Tony Halloway (married to my sister MaryAnn) and my dad grilled burgers and hot dogs for everyone, and we enjoyed three birthday cakes while the birthday guests opened their gifts. Dad took all the kids (little and big) on a ride around the lake in his "chariot" that he pulls behind a tractor, and they visited the mule who lives on the other side of the lake. It was great to visit with the family and hang out for the afternoon.
Chemo #3 is Friday, October 12. Please pray for minimal side effects, God willing. My fatigue has lasted longer this time, and I am still having pain from my surgery, so I continue to ask for prayer for both less fatigue and less pain. My hemoglobin was 9.3 on the Monday after my last chemo (I think 12 is the norm), but they will not give me a shot for this until the day of my next chemo. I have been able to keep up with Katie's schooling, and I have also been able to work on her transcript and on the beginnings of the Southeast Homeschool Graduation 2008, of which I am the coordinator. Any work I can do like this helps me to feel more "normal".
I am happy that I will be half-way through my chemos after this Friday (or more like next Tuesday when I will start to wake up!)
An additional note about Sarah - her procedure may be moved back into November, because her insurance at her new job kicks in November 1, and it is much better coverage than she had before. She is currently feeling good and loving her new job.
Again, thanks for continued prayers, calls, e-mails, etc. Each one is appreciated and helps me to keep going.
Jan





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pictures. I would reconize your parents anywhere. When did Katie get black hair?
Always in our prayers
Brenda