My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Graduation and Vacation in England/Scotland

Katie's graduation went well - it was really a great evening. It is hard to believe that we are finished.

Our trip to the United Kingdom was wonderful!!! I was able to keep up, and it was fun to experience it together as a family. We visited London, the Lake District, and Edinburgh.
We saw:
The Tower of London
Buckingham and Kensington Palaces
Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament
Westminster Abbey
The British Museum
The Churchill Museum and War Rooms
The London Eye
Shakespeare at the Globe (King Lear)
The National Gallery
Beatrix Potter's Hill Top Farm and the villages of Hawkshead and Windemere in the Lake District
Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile
Holyrood Palace and the Abbey ruins
The National Museum of Scotland
Holyrood Park
Bryan learned to drive on the left side of the road, which was very interesting.
Our favorite English meal was fish and chips.

Our one difficulty was in getting home. Our final flight from Philly to Louisville was cancelled last night, and we had to spend the night there, take an early flight this morning to DC, and then to Louisville. Our luggage did not arrive with us, so we are still waiting for that to be delivered. Other than that, it was the trip of a lifetime!!!

I will spend a week at the beach with my mom, sisters, and most of our children before my surgery on the 24th of June to repair my TRAM flap surgery. I would appreciate prayers for a successful surgery. I am hoping to shed the binder and pain medication in a couple of months.

Jan

No comments: