My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Prayer for Dad/Health Update for me

I'd like to ask for prayer for my dad. He has pneumonia once again, and has been hospitalized. They will run some tests on Sunday, and he has no idea when he will get to come home. This is his third bout with pneumonia this year. Please pray for healing and for comfort - he is very frustrated with his health situation.

The lump on my neck is the result of some small loose black hairs in my ear canal. I don't know how they got there - I do pull on chemo caps at home all the time because my head is cold, and I pull them way down over my ears - go figure! I am glad it is such a simple thing - I have been given ear drops to solve the problem.

Now for the exciting news - I got a haircut!!! My hair is only about an inch long, but my stylist, Terri, was able to shape it up for me so I can begin to go out without caps or my wig. It was growing haywire like baby hair, and it is the same texture. She made it look much better, and showed me how to use gel on it to give it more volume, etc. It was so fun to be back in a beauty shop, that I went today and had a pedicure with Sarah and Katie. Now that helps me to feel like a real person again!

We went to church this evening, had dinner, and went to see my dad. The weather was gorgeous, and I found myself in an attitude of gratitude for just being alive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Veal,
That's awesome about your hair! We'd love to see some pix soon!
Keeping you in prayer,
Carolyne and the Auermann family