My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lookin' Good!

I went to my therapist yesterday for the first of three massages this week to reduce the swelling in my hand. It appears that the night time compression is really helping my hand and my arm. She measured me in several places, and said that my hand and arm are the smallest they have been! I also have less fibrosis - some around my elbow and a small amount on my inner forearm, but a lot of it has disappeared. I have really tried to be faithful to my massage at home, exercises, and compression. She still thinks I will wear this for life, but I continue to ask God differently, while working as if I will.
Last night, Katie had her final piano recital. She has played for ten years. She played Song of India by Rimsky Korsakov, and it was beautiful.
I will always associate this song with this year, along with Vivaldi's Spring and Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. I don't know how many hours I've been on the couch while Katie's playing soothed my spirits as I rested. All the girls have played, and for years we have had piano music in the afternoons at our house. I will miss that next year - I'll have to pop in some classical CDs.
My mom and dad and Sarah came to the recital, along with Bryan and I, and afterwards we got dessert. It was a pleasant evening. At home Sarah and Katie spent some time together - it is always nice to hear them "hanging out". I treasure these next few months we have together before Katie leaves for college and Sarah gets married.
Emily e-mailed, and she is having a great time in Greece! I can't wait to see her pictures and hear her stories.
The plastic surgeon's office called today, and it looks like I will have my repair surgery the week of June 23rd. I am SO ready to get this taken care of. I think I will feel like a different person afterward.
Thanks so much for all your continued acts of thoughtfulness towards me, and always for those prayers!
Jan

No comments: