My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, December 10, 2007

Preparing for #6

I haven't written much - I am still fatiqued from the last chemo.
I did get to go to Locust Grove one evening for a candlelight tour. I enjoyed the movie "Enchanted" with my girls, my mom, my sister MaryAnn, her two girls, and Emily's friend, Regina. I was also able to go to my husband's men's group Christmas dinner party.
Other than that, I have started to just give in to the fatigue, knowing that this is not going to be much longer. I can pretty much quote you the TV schedule (network and a couple of cable stations) even though I've never cared much for TV. Reading doesn't work well for me, because I fall asleep! I have enjoyed listening to music on my i-pod shuffle and some Christmas music on my portable radio and CD player.
I have to give major kudos to Bryan. He is cleaning the house every weekend, catching up any laundry that I can't get to, going to the grocery, chauffering me to doctors' appts. (along with Katie and Mom), etc. He also makes me food on the weekends if I am too weak to do it myself. He has been a husband extraordinaire!
Once again, my prayer request is for a mild #6. I am grateful for chemo, but not wanting to "go through the valley" of the five or so days afterward. Just one more time!
Thanks for being faithful to pray.
Jan

No comments: