My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm Done!

At the end of my 6th and last chemo on Wednesday, December 12th, the nurses threw confetti on me and gave me a certification of completion - finally! Today is day 5 and I am weak, but this one has not been as bad as the others.
The girls all came out and baked Christmas cookies yesterday (Saturday). They used our traditional recipes in smaller quantities, so we have cookies now! It was fun to listen to them working together, watching Pride and Prejudice and chatting from my position on the couch by the tree. My job was to guard the tree from Tatiana, our black mini-schnauzer. She has learned that she can drink water from under the tree.
Sarah had to go on home after the baking, but last night Emily and Katie played the piano and sang Christmas carols. We had a fire and watched "Elf".
Things can only look up from here!
On another note: my mother-in-law moved into assisted living the same day I had chemo, and she is loving it. Meals, new friends, etc. I am happy that she is happy there.

No comments: