My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Friday, December 21, 2007

Lymphedema Wrap

The gauntlet and sleeves I ordered are not fitting well enough to keep me from swelling, so Wednesday morning I went and had my hand and arm wrapped tightly in order to bring down swelling that has continued to occur. This morning I went and had my hand and arm unwrapped and they were small enough to remeasure me for new garments which should be in in about 3 weeks. They are custom-made in Germany. I have been given temporary garments to wear in order to keep down the swelling. Please pray that my new gauntlet and sleeve will fit well, and that the swelling will stay down while I am in temporary garments, so that I do not have to be wrapped again. It is bulky like a cast from fingertips to shoulder, and really limits what I am able to do. The therapist has done a manual drainage massage twice this week, and I can continue to do it at home to help the situation.

Emily is staying with us over the holidays and I am really enjoying having her here, as are Bryan and Katie.

My mother-in-law is a hit at assisted living. They like for her to play the piano in the activities center, and she is making lots of friends.

No comments: