My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I woke up this a.m. feeling like I've got the energy I need for the next two days, which is an answer to prayer.
Last evening Emily, Katie, Bryan and I celebrated Christmas Eve Eve by going to Buckhead's and renting a movie to watch at home. We had a nice time just hanging around.
Today we will attend the Christmas Eve service at 3:00 with all my family (20+). Then we will spend the evening at my parents' home exchanging gifts. Sarah will come home with us and the girls will sleep under the Christmas tree.
Tomorrow is brunch and a gift exchange at my sister-in-law's home (Teri). In the evening we return to my parents' for a traditional Christmas dinner, games and "white elephant".
The girls have baked and decorated the most beautiful cookies. I watched as Katie arranged the basket this morning to take to Mom's. We put one of each kind in the freezer in a ziploc bag for me to thaw and eat when I know that my taste buds are right again.
I am grateful to be alive this Christmas!
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas spent with people you love.

No comments: