My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Friday, November 30, 2007

Radiation

I met with my radiation oncologist yesterday. I will begin radiation on January 14th, which is the same day my oldest daughter turns 24! Actually, I will only get "marked" that day for the radiation and start a few days later. Dr. Stoll says that I will need 33 treatments. I will go every day Monday through Friday and finish in early March. I cannot swim until radiation is over because of the markers, but I plan to start doing some walking to begin to build my strength.
Dr. Seeger, my oncologist, says I will feel better 4 - 6 weeks after the last chemo, so I am hoping to begin driving again and drive myself to the radiation center.
I am also scheduling to get my port out before I start radiation. That will be a good thing. My port is placed in a tight spot and it is sometimes uncomfortable. It also tends to stay bruised. Losing it will be a sign that I am making progress, so I am ready!
The lympedema has subsided considerably, but as soon as my gauntlet (handpiece) that goes with my sleeve arrives, I will be wearing it throughout radiation.
I am still very weak from last week, but hope to get some energy before the next and LAST chemo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jan I am a streetrod friend of your parents. I have been keeping up with your progress thru your blog as well as email with your mom. I will keep you in my prayers. Your faith is your strength and it shows. God Bless, PJ Hill