My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Friday, November 2, 2007

Home from Chemo #4!

Four down and two to go. I am headed to the couch shortly. I take steroids the day before, the day of, and the day after each chemo, and I think they give me a little extra energy. Bryan and I have rented two movies (optimistically, maybe?) for the evening. They're due back in a week, so it's OK if I can't keep my eyes open tonight.

Katie is leaving this afternoon to camp out overnight with a group (some homeschool friends and her cousin Zack Murphy under the supervision of Denise/Daryl Manias and David/Lisa Baird) at Mammoth Cave, and to do the Wild Cave Tour tomorrow. It is a challenge she has been wanting to take for a couple of years. Please pray for traveling mercies and safety in the cave for the group. She will return home tomorrow evening, and I am looking forward to hearing all about her adventures.

On a (very) sad note: I just found out that a granddaughter (Makayla) of a choir member died Thursday night after a long battle with cancer. She was 7 years old. I know that the family would appreciate your prayers.

I may also be contacting the daughter of a friend of another choir member with her permission. This daughter has had a double mastectomy and feels "worthless". Please pray that if this opportunity occurs, that I will have the right words to say. This is the first time I will have talked with someone who needs encouragement. I have received so much, that I want to be able to help someone else if I can. It will probably help me more than it will her.
Jan

No comments: