My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, April 27, 2009

Updates on a variety of topics

I am feeling much better since returning home from PA. I do a home program which takes an hour a day, but it really helps with the pain. I am extremely fatigued, which they told me would happen, and I am weaning off narcotics, which is a bear! But I think I am making progress.

We adopted a 3-year-old mini-schnauzer named Lucy from a family leaving the country for mission work, and she is a doll. She and Tatiana seem to get along well. She has a black body, with a silver face and legs.

My little great-niece, Kennedie, has been having a lot of trouble with her trachea and with her breathing over a period of at least a month. She is now at Cincinnati Children's Hospital being treated for a benign tumor on her trachea that was cutting off most of her breathing! They have lasered the tumor and are using other methods to completely destroy it. Jessica and Jarrod will probably be there with her through next weekend. She is such a tiny sweetheart, and we can't wait to see her enjoy her little life without struggling for air.

Katie ran the Mini-Marathon with Bryan Saturday. She completed the 13 miles and is ready for her next challenge! Sarah, Becky, Mom and I had fun cheering them on.

Finally, for those of you who have followed Emily's boyfriend, Hunter Cantwell, you know that he was not drafted yesterday. Bryan and I turned off the TV and quietly tried to eat some dinner. Emily called within minutes to tell us that he had signed as a priority free agent with the Carolina Panthers. He will fly there on Thursday. I am happy that he gets to continue to play football, and who knows, maybe there will be an engagement soon?

Sorry I have not written for awhile. My fatigue gets the best of me much of the time.
Thanks for prayers,
Jan

1 comment:

terese said...

I'm glad you posted to the list today, I've been meaning to ask you how PA went (just keep forgetting to check your blog!)
Its great to hear you have some relief. I've been having my first ever experience with (plantar) fasciitis and its NOT good!! It feels like I'm stepping down on an open wound... I can't even imagine having that kind of pain in my chest all the time. I pray that you will be able to keep up with the therapy and find some lasting relief.
Love in Christ,
Terese