My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Graduation/Mother's Day

We attended several events for Emily last week. She graduated magna cum laude Saturday with a history major and a religious studies minor. She and her roommates left today for a trip to Estes Park in CO for almost two weeks.
We celebrated Mother's Day by having Jean spend the night with us after graduation. Sunday she went to her church. Bryan, Katie and I went to Sojourn, Paul and Sarah's church, along with Paul's parents. Afterwards, we had a cookout at my sister Jennifer's house. We usually do the field, but Jen and Van have an inground pool at their new home and the younger cousins wanted to swim.
I am starting to come out of the depression and fatique that is a result of withdrawal from narcotics. I am two weeks out. It takes 30 days for the full effect of the med to be out of one's system. My LE is giving me fits right now, but I am fighting back by doing my home program and going to the pool when I am able. I don't swim, just float to get the compression for my trunk.
Katie is home and I am enjoying her company. She did very well her first year at Anderson, and is already looking forward to getting back to school.
Jan

No comments: