My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Niece, My Dad, My Daughter, Me

Little Kennedie Grace had surgery yesterday morning in Cincinnati again. The tumor had grown back by 50%. They are inserting a tube for a few days to try again to block regrowth. Kennedie will be in ICU for a few days. Please pray for Jessica and Jarrod, her parents, and for my sister, Becky, and brother-in-law Wendell, the grandparents. Jessica and Jarrod were told that this could be a pattern until Kennedie reaches nine months. She is five months old now. Prayers for total healing and no regrowth would be appreciated, although we know that everything is in God's hands.

My dad got baptized today, just a few days shy of his 75th birthday. He was baptized years ago, but he has been studying Scripture very diligently since his cancer, and he felt that he needed to do it again. I am so happy for him and Mom.

Sarah called from Williamsburg this weekend. She and Paul are there for Paul's sister's (Laura)graduation from college. Sarah and Paul have turned it into a mini-vacation, touring Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, Newport News, seeing museums, hoping for a beach day tomorrow. Paul found a really interesting historical B&B, which Sarah has loved. He is very good at researching and finding interesting places to travel.

Finally, about me. I have been off my narcotic pain med for 2 1/2 weeks, and it has been harder than I would have ever thought. I still have fatigue and depression, and of course, I have pain that I was not aware of on meds. Please pray that I will be able to keep up with my family next week as we go on vacation. We are going to the Tetons, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, and I want to be able to have the energy and positive mindset to enjoy this special time with my family. It will be Emily's last family vacation with us before she marries, so it is especially important that I do well.
Thanks for continuing to check this blog and share in the lives of my family. Thanks for your many prayers on our behalf. We never had any illness in our family until my diagnosis, and now it seems to be a part of our lives for the moment. Thanks for lifting us up!
Jan

No comments: