My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Family Vacation

We had a great time in the Tetons, Yellowstone, and Jackson, Wyoming last week. There were four of us: Emily, Katie, Bryan and me. We hiked a couple of days, took a raft 10 miles down the Snake River, rode to the top of one of the mountains on a tram, took in a cowboy dinner/show, saw the geysers and the falls in Yellowstone and lots of wildlife everywhere. We stayed in a cabin in the Tetons, which was roomy and a good quiet option - no TV, phone, internet for a week. I had a great time, but it wore me out! I am just recovering in time to go to the beach with my mom, sisters, and the cousins tomorrow. Hopefully I will rest more there.
I am struggling alot with truncal swelling. I have stretched the fascia, but the swelling still goes to the point where it is painful. It is frustrating and I am trying to find ways to cope with it, but I have had a difficult week with it this week. I think part of my frustration is fatique from the last trip. I plan to continue my exercises at the beach and my water therapy to try to get it under control. I struggle with hope as there seems to be no end to the lymphedema and the fatique and pain it causes.
Jan

No comments: