My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Friday, April 3, 2009

Greetings from Pennsylvania!

I finished my first week of therapy today, and I am glad to have a couple of days off. I feel great while they are treating me, but soreness kicks in a few hours later and I am worthless for the rest of the evening.
I have noticed big changes and I am very hopeful for pain relief and flexibility.
They are teaching me a home program that I will need to follow daily. I will spend 45 to 60 minutes each day doing this program for continued progress.
I may not be 100% at the end of next week, but I am pleased so far with my progress, and expect great gains next week, too.
I am also learning alot about self-talk and attitudes that can affect our healing. Without realizing it, I had become fairly negative about my healing process and out of touch with my body, tuning out things that I need to be aware of to continue to treat myself at home.
Thanks so much for your prayers and support! I brought the cards that people sent to me the weeks before my trip, and they are on my bulletin board here, so I feel like you are with me.
God Bless,
Jan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jan,

i will be in prayer for you throughout this week. Did you see the Summer Bible Study? It would go along with what you are doing at this clinic, maybe. i have done some of this (self talk) in counseling and find it very rewarding!! Stay strong!!!

lynn Miller