My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!










We have had a wonderful holiday with family and friends.



Katie and Emily came home for Christmas.



We saw "The Nutcracker" on December 21st with Bryan's mom and Sarah. We came home afterwards to eat chili and decorate Christmas cookies.



Hunter arrived that evening and spent a few days with us before heading to Paducah for Christmas. We had my parents for a turkey dinner with the trimmings the Monday before Christmas.



We went to church on Christmas Eve and had 23 family members together - I think this is my dad's favorite part of the holiday. We went to my parents' home Christmas Eve with my four sisters and their families. "Santa" (my dad) made an appearance. We had two new sons-in-law - Shad Lacefield (Whitney Murphy) and Paul Disney (Sarah Veal). My niece, Jessica (Murphy) Guthrie is due any day, so there will be some excitement this new year!



Christmas morning Paul and Sarah joined us for gifts and breakfast in their PJs. We headed to the Veal family Christmas at Eric and Denise's at 1:00 and back to my parents for dinner at 5:00.



The day after Christmas we met Paul and Sarah for a movie.



Saturday night Hunter returned from Paducah. He flew out today to Southern California to resume training.



We saw "White Christmas" at Derby Dinner today with all the girls, Paul and Jean (Bryan's mom). It was nice to just hang out at home tonight.



Emily will be here for a week, and Katie has two weeks before she goes back to school. We are planning a movie (or two), some shopping or lunch out, and just some time together.



I hope your Christmas has been a good one, and that you have a wonderful 2009!



Jan








No comments: