My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good News!

My MRI came back clear!!! I am cancer-free.
I had my last appointment with my plastic surgeon yesterday except for checkups (he will follow me for several years) and I went and bought a small cross necklace to commemorate the end of treatments, procedures, etc.
Tomorrow will be 18 months since my diagnosis and 17 months since my surgery.
It has been a long road, but God has seen me through, and He will continue to watch over me as I regain strength and have less pain.
My arm is still in compression, but I have noticed great improvement, and I am encouraged. I have talked to women who wore compression for a year or two and were still able to shed the sleeve at some point, so I am still asking God for that if it is His will.
My finger also seems to be improving after the steroid shot - another answer to prayer.
Katie came home from college last night, and we had dinner together.
Today she and I went shopping, and then Sarah joined us tonight for dinner. They are laughing and talking together in Katie's room right now, and I feel so blessed to have my family.
Emily is in Nashville with friends, but will come to the house Saturday for the holiday.
Unfortunately, my dad did not pass his swallow test yesterday. There is a shock treatment that they can do that may enable him to drink clear liquids. I think he will pursue it after the holiday. He is still processing the test result. I will keep you posted on his progress.
Jan

No comments: