My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, October 27, 2008

Updates

Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of weeks. I am able to be a little more active, but then I just crash, which means I haven't spent much time at my computer.
Today has been a couch day - Mondays usually are after a busy weekend.
The weekend before last Emily spent the night with me while Bryan was away at a men's retreat. We had dinner together and went to watch a friend of Emily's try on wedding gowns for her July wedding.
Emily, Bryan and I went to watch football on Saturday, and then on Sunday, our whole family (minus Katie and my niece, Whitney) went to the pumpkin patch at Gallrein's. My dad was able to come, and he even rode in the wagon behind the tractor out to the patch. He did not get out and pick a pumpkin, but just the ride was a huge deal. He carries oxygen, but manages it very well. Afterwards, we went to my parents' to roast hot dogs and carve pumpkins up in the field. Dad rode up on his tractor and sat by the fire with us. He seemed to have a great time, and was able to eat.
This past Thursday Katie came home for fall break, which was a real treat. Our immediate family, along with Paul's mom, Nancy, went to see "Pride and Prejudice" at Actors Friday night. Emily and Katie spent the night together here and caught up with each other. After a big breakfast Saturday, we enjoyed the win over South Florida at Papa John's and joined friends and some family at the Outback. Yesterday Katie returned to Anderson and I went to a tea for survivors at church.
After reading this, I understand better why I have been on the couch today. It is extremely frustrating for me, but I need to be grateful that I can rest when I need to and not fight against it.
Thanks again for cards, calls, and prayers!
Jan

No comments: