My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update on Dad and Me

My dad got the OK to eat real food Monday. No more purees. He is excited, but scared to eat, afraid the the food will go into his lungs. PT worked with him to strengthen the epiglottis so that food would take the right path. It sounded a lot like vocal exercises. I teased him that he might be able to join the choir (if you heard my dad sing, you would know how funny that is). He is still having to thicken his drinks with a substance that makes liquid the consistency of honey, and he says it changes the taste of everything. He can sip water, but only 30 minutes after a meal - no risk of washing anything down. I think he is a walking miracle! He is hoping to get off oxygen soon.
I am still dealing with fatigue and pain, but I get a little better everyday. My purse no longer looks too heavy to pick up, and I am able to rest up and go to the football games. We are following UL football this year, even some away games, as Emily dates Hunter Cantwell (QB) and they are very serious about one another. I got a third haircut yesterday, which is so fun now. I can also shop some and do some things around the house. I take nothing for granted. A trip to the grocery is exciting. Thanks for prayers!
Jan

No comments: