My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Updates!

We traveled to Memphis with Emily Friday to watch the Cards play. We had dinner with the Cantwells, Hunters' parents, and the McElroys, Hunter's grandparents, which was nice. We also stayed in the same hotel and had breakfast together, which stretched into a two-hour visit! It was good to sit and relax and talk, which we don't get to do on game nights.
The Cards won, but Hunter is still healing from the sprained ankle he sustained a couple of weeks ago. We are praying for speedy healing - there are no more weekends off to recover.
Saturday on our way home we dropped Emily off at a church in Nashville, where she is doing a mission trip over fall break.
Katie made the dance team at Anderson. We will go to see her dance for the first time on November 1st. I am looking forward to the visit. We have not been to Anderson since we took her back in August.
Sarah is painting her and Paul's new home room by room - I think three are finished as of this writing.
I did well traveling, but I am pretty tired this evening. I am looking forward to a quiet week ahead.
My dad has a test tomorrow, called a video swallow test, which looks at how well his epiglottis is healing. He has been doing therapy like crazy to get his swallowing muscles back to normal, which would allow him to eat a wider range of foods. Please pray that he "passes" the test, so that he can begin to eat more normally.
I still receive cards and e-mails of encouragement almost daily - thanks so much! It will be a long time before I feel like myself again, so every bit of encouragement and prayer helps.
Jan

No comments: