My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Recovery update

I went to the doctor on Monday, June 30th and he took my drains out. This was sooner than I expected. I am pleased with the results of the surgery. I can tell a big difference even with the pain. I have been out a few times - a tea in Katie's honor, a movie, dinner out - but I am SOOO tired that I am resting most of the time. It's OK - I'm giving in to it because hopefully this is the last procedure I go through and I want to make sure I have a great recovery. Also, graduation and our travels are over, so I have no deadlines for anything until Katie moves and Sarah marries. It is nice to just rest. Thanks for the e-mails, cards, prayers, etc.
My mom's recovery is going well, too. We call each other daily and compare notes.
Jan

No comments: