My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Monday, Monday

My dad has a cyst on his pancreas. He is having a PET scan Monday at 9:00 am to see if there is cancer in his body. They may also perform a biopsy of the pancreas (not Monday).
My mom has a "suspicious" colon. She is having a colonoscopy Monday at 9:00 am to see what is going on.
My dad is driving himself, and I am driving my mom, because she will be sedated for her procedure.
Please pray for our family. I am a little overwhelmed with both of these things happening at the same time, and still working through this lymphedema issue. Please pray for good news for each of my parents!
Thanks,
Jan
BTW, Emily's D-Group leader's mom has been diagnosed with invasive lobular mammary carcinoma - my same initial diagnosis - and I will be speaking with her this weekend. I am asking God to give me wisdom to say to her what I should say, and to be a good listener, too.
Thanks,
Jan

No comments: