My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dad is Having Some Tests

My dad is having some tests tomorrow, Wednesday, January 28th. He is experiencing pain in his abdomen and he has lost about 10 pounds. Please pray for peace for us all, especially Dad, and for good test results. I will post results when we know them.
He is also undergoing the therapy to shock his swallow reflex back into action. He gets treatment 3x a week for 5 weeks, and hopefully he will be able to drink clear liquids again.
I am excited about my new therapist. We communicate very well, and she understands what is going on that causes my pain. The massage is heavenly, and I feel so good afterwards. I have ordered compression, not medical garments, but Spanx (less expensive and not so "medical"), that compress me from my chest all the way down to my thighs, so that the lymph fluid flows past the lymph nodes at the groin and keeps them from being overloaded. I will have to adjust to the extra layer of clothing. It sounds great right now, but summer will be a different matter. I will be in the lightest weight clothing I can find! I like the water therapy, but I hope the weather warms up soon, so the the pool won't be so cold. My main instructor is Pam, and she is very good.
On a lighter note, Sarah, Emily, Bryan, his mom, Jean, Katie's friend, Whitney, and I all went up to Anderson last Saturday to watch Katie dance at half-time of the basketball game. She looked great. We all went to dinner and visited with Katie in her room before heading home. I had a great time - I always do when the family is all together.
Jan

No comments: