My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Next Wednesday, November 19th, I will be 50 years old. Last night, Saturday, November 15th, my family gave me a surprise party and invited my mom, dad, sisters, their children, and many of my friends. It was wonderful. I had the most beautiful cake I had ever seen. It had a Grandma Moses painting on it! The theme was The Best is Yet to Come, and Sarah framed pictures of women like Laura Ingalls Wilder and Grandma Moses, who did not start their careers until in their 60s and 70s. The party had many thoughtful touches. I feel blessed to be here and blessed to have so many people who care about me. This morning our family had breakfast together at Lynn' Paradise Cafe with a couple of Katie's friends, Olivia and Lauren, before they headed back to Anderson. It was a great weekend.

No comments: