My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, November 24, 2008

Another Celebration!

Last night, Sunday, November 23rd, I was given a "retirement from homeschooling" party! The party was hosted by a great friend, Denise Manias, with help from some of the other homeschool moms. We celebrated in one of the most beautiful rooms in the church. There were flowers, candlelight, and music. The decorations were a school theme, of course, and the food was delicious. I got to see so many moms that I had not seen in a while. My mom and dad came, as did Bryan, Sarah, Emily and Hunter, and my sister, Becky, with Zack's girlfriend, Kinsie. Two of my sister-in-laws, Denise and Sarah, who also homeschool. were there. After visiting and dinner, several people took turns toasting me with stories and memories. I had a few things to say, too! It was an unforgettable evening, and I felt humbled to be so honored by my peers.

No comments: