My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, August 11, 2008

I Made the Shower!

I made Sarah's shower, and it was a great day. My niece, Jessica, and her husband, Jarrod, a chef, hosted the shower in the backyard of their new home in New Albany. The food was delicious, the weather was perfect, and the Disney, Veal, and Speas women all enjoyed the afternoon together.
Sarah and Paul were very excited about the things they received for their new home together.
Sarah has another shower next Sunday that I am determined to make. I also plan to try to shop some with Katie for school as I am able.
My biggest difficulty is sleeplessness - I just can't stay pain free through the night, and I also think meds are contributing to the problem. I have the craziest dreams. I am very fatigued through the day. The anxiety attacks seem to be getting better, thank goodness! Bryan has been taking me out in the evenings just to ride around in the car to help relieve the depression.
We never received a lung report - I have to think that is good news. I don't think they would make me wait so long if there was a problem.
My dad has been given a clear lung report, and they will call tomorrow to get him on the surgery schedule.
Jan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan
Oh how i pray you regain your strength and health.i am thankful you are home and able to do the things you have done. Thank you for loving and serving our Precious Saviour Christ Jesus, even when your facing such a health crisis!!! You make the Body of Christ shine brightly even with this attack on your health.
"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepest, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." Psalm 126:5,6. You continue to sow that precious seed of praising God in this storm. i know your tears will water that seed. God will without a doubt bring rejoicing!! You are in our prayers!!!

lynn Miller

Anonymous said...

Jan/Mrs. Veal,
It's so great to be able to keep up with you and to hear that you're doing better. We heard that you might have lung cancer and started praying immediately. We're so glad that the tests have come back negative!
God bless you and you, Bryan, and the girls are all in our prayers.
The Auermanns
P.S. Some pics of the new haircut would be nice!