My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Emily's Birthday/Update

Emily had a great 21st birthday - she received shopping $$$ from Hunter, her friends all bought her gifts, and they had a pool party. They are also taking her to dinner tonight. Sarah baked an awesome cake - Death by Chocolate - and Katie and Whitney Ott collected 21 small gifts for Emily to help her celebrate the big day. I even went with the family to Applebees for her birthday dinner, although I was pretty much just propped up in the booth.

I am feeling a little better, just extremely weak, and still having pain. I have difficulty sleeping at night, and usually end up on the couch. I am also having some trouble emotionally - I am taking about 14 different meds for the colitis, and I think they are contributing to anxiety attacks/tears that I have usually in the mornings. I will be glad to be finished with the meds - hopefully I will get some emotional stability back.
We have not received a report on my lungs yet - I am hopeful that they are cancer-free!
Thanks for cards, calls, meals, etc. I am hoping to have the strength to go to my daughter's wedding shower tomorrow.
Jan

No comments: