My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Friday, February 1, 2008

Still Hunting and Pecking!

The radiation is going well, but I am much more tired than I thought I would be. I am not good for much until about noon each day, and my bedtime is early, too. I guess it is the combo of still having chemo in my body, not being totally well from my surgery (I keep hearing that it is a one-year recovery for a double tram flap procedure), the complication of the lymphedema, and daily radiation, M-F. I am slightly disappointed, because I thought I would be flying around in my mini-van by this point, but no - more lessons in patience!
I have started singing with the choir again, which is a pick-me-up, and I am working on graduation and my parents' 50th anniversary, although my sisters are doing the bulk of the work on this.
I also have just a little bit of dark fuzz on my head - you have to look closely.
Finally, Bryan and I drove by Krispy Kreme the other night, and the "hot" sign was on. We stopped and got some hot glazed doughnuts - and they tasted GOOOOOOD! I love having nearly normal taste buds!

No comments: