My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's Here!

The gauntlet has arrived and I am wearing it as I type. It seems fine to me, but it has to pass the therapist's inspection Thursday.
I haven't written much on the blog lately, being one-handed (as I was wrapped).
As of this evening, I have seven radiations remaining. I am hoping to regain some energy by the first week or so of April. I have been told by those who have been there that it will be six months before I fully recover from radiation, which will be just in time for Sarah's and Paul's wedding - they are looking at October or possibly the first week of November.
Six months post radiation is when I will also be able to finish any revisions on my plastic surgery. I will work it around the wedding. I want to feel my best for the "big day"!
I have been battling the blues with the fatigue, dark and dreary weather, and some continued pain. Last week Katie had the flu all week, and boy, were we a pair of couch potatoes. Thankfully, she is on the mend. I am hoping that the end of radiation and better weather will lift my spirits. Thanks for continued prayers and cards!
Jan

No comments: