My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Monday, January 7, 2008

Back in the routine

We are home from our trip to Gulf Shores. It was a great trip. We enjoyed the Naval Air Museum and the Estuarium on Dauphin Island since the last time I wrote. We also saw The Waterhorse, a pretty cute movie. I did need to use a wheel chair for our museum and aquarium trips, but my husband says he enjoys "pushing me around"! I also watched my daughters, nephew Zack, and my husband compete playing Guitar Hero, which was fun.
I loved the trip, but so far at home, I am exhausted! It is a 12 hour drive, so I may need a few days to recuperate. I am not 4 weeks out of chemo yet. At 4 - 6 weeks, I am supposed to start seeing some change.
We are back to school. The house is very quiet, as Katie is diligently digging back into school work and working on some scholarship applications. Emily moved back down to campus yesterday, which makes the house even quieter. I am hoping to see Sarah tonight. She was not able to make the trip, so it's been awhile since we have visited.
I have no doctor visits this week, unless my compression garments come in.
My napping/resting is nicer now. It is hard to describe, but I just feel tired, not the yuckiness of feeling the chemo in my system. The taste buds are not back yet, but I keep checking!
Please keep praying for total control of my lymphedema and for the upcoming port removal and beginning of radiation next week. Thanks!
Jan

No comments: