My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Doctor's Visit Today

I went for a pre-chemo visit with my oncologist, Dr. Janelle Seeger. We are ready to go at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow, August 31st. The treatment will take about 4 hours. The good news I received today was that my PET scan (which looks for cancer anywhere in the body), my CT scan of the abdominal area (checking especially for liver involvement) and my bone scan were each clear! We are just working now to wipe out any microscopic "bad guys" that can't be picked up on scans.
I am asking for prayer that my side effects will be minimal, and that I will stay on schedule with these and get to finish before Christmas.
My family has been wonderful, and so many friends have brought meals or meal cards, visited with me and prayed with me and for me. Cards still arrive in the mail daily, and I love to read and re-read them. It has been a blessing to see how kind people are when someone is in need.
Of my own strength, I cannot do this, but I am trusting God to give me what I need to complete my treatments.
Thanks to all for your many kindnesses since my diagnosis.
Jan

No comments: