My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Asking for prayer for family members

My dad has been diagnosed with double pneumonia. Please pray for a full recovery! We are hosting a fiftieth wedding anniversary party for my parents on March 3oth - I would love for Dad to be well and be able to enjoy it.

Also, my niece, Savannah, age 3, has been hospitalized for influenza. I kept her until my diagnosis, and I love her as if she were my own. Please pray also for strength for her parents, Jennifer and Van, and for protection for her brother, Hudson, from getting influenza, too.

My sleeve was shipped yesterday from Germany, and should arrive Wednesday or Thursday - I'm praying for a perfect fit!

One more prayer request: Katie needs to make her final decision about college and mail her scholarship acceptance papers before May 1st. It is now between Anderson University or UL. Please pray that she will choose wisely and then will be content with her decision.

I am singing backstage at the Easter Pageant, and tonight was Guest Night - a dress rehearsal with guests. Tomorrow is the actual opening night. It takes all my energy to do this, but it helps me to feel "normal" and that I am returning to something that I did before my diagnosis.

As always, thanks for your prayers, cards, calls, etc.

Jan

No comments: