My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:20-23

Friday, April 25, 2008

Prayer Requests

I know I sound like a broken record, but I am requesting continued prayer for:

- abdominal pain and my upcoming surgery - It is hard to walk around much, even wearing a binder, and I still require pain medication, which I would love to be free of, so that I could drive again and get some independence back. I miss hopping in the car when I want or need something. Surgery will happen after my vacation - I'm not missing England! I'm also praying that I will be recovered for Katie's college move - August 28th and Sarah's wedding - September 13th.

- strength - It is slowly coming, but I want to be able to "do" graduation and keep up with my family in England - this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us.

- learning to deal with my arm - I am realizing that I will deal with lymphedema for the rest of my life, and it hits me hard some days. Some women wear compression 24/7 for life; others only when the swelling flares up - I am asking God if I could be in the second category. I am trying to be consistent with my massage, exercises and compression, and I am learning to cook with latex gloves on and to deal with other ways to handle day to day situations with my "different" right arm and hand. I don't currently have full function in my hand or my elbow.

-depression - I have some bouts with this due to the issues above, plus the tamoxifen intentionally throws me into menopause to get rid of any remaining estrogen in my body. I guess the bright side is that I will get all of this finished at one time!

Thanks so much for remembering me.
Jan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan -- Keep making those thoughts bow down to our Victorious Christ. I write that without a shred of knowledge of what you must endure on a daily basis. Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. II Corinthians 10:5. When your thoughts instigated by feelings get so high, with the strength of Christ make them bow down to HIM!!! You are such a precious encouragement to me and you make the Body of Christ all the more beautiful!!!! I pray that God will heal you spiritually, physically, and mentally!!! Thank you for loving our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ!!! You continue to serve and love Christ Jesus even when your life is completely turned upside down and despair is frequently trying to keep you held captive!!! When we are weak with depression, physical limitations, and anguish beyond what we can even describe, He is strong!!!! PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!! You are living proof that that scripture is TRUE To our MIGHTY, OMNIPOTENT, GOD!!! We love you Jan.!!!
Because HE lives,

lynn Miller

Carolyne said...

Mrs. Veal,
I am keeping you in my prayers, (especially concerning the depression and menopause) as I have had very severe struggles with depression the past 6 months and that has messed up my hormones, so I understand how tough this can be. I agree with Mrs. Miller's comment (well, the whole thing) but especially where she mentioned 2 Corinthians 10:5. I know that this verse has helped me with the hopeless, helpless thoughts that come along with depression because the verse reminded me that the 'imaginations' and 'every thought[s]' MUST be brought into captivity to Jesus!
Well, God bless you, Mrs. Veal! I am keeping you in my prayers! Love you!
Carolyne Auermann
By the way, check out this website - dailyaudiobible.com. It is an awesome site where you can chat with other believers, post praises, prayer requests, and share insight and encouragement that God has given you. Hope this helps lift your spirits!